NST 0.06% $16.23 northern star resources ltd

Fundamentals haven't changed, page-750

1. 565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    $11 for a NST share would be a bargain!

The key point is it doesn’t matter how the Strait of Hormuz is blocked.It could be a false flag. Or it could be because the Iranian government feels it’s going to be attacked and then sinks a cargo ship or two. What matters is the final result; any blocking of the energy flow will lead the price of oil to reach $200 a barrel, $500 or even, according to some Goldman Sachs projections, $1,000.Another US banking source explains:“The key in the analysis is what is called notional. They are so far out of the money that they are said to mean nothing. But in a crisis the notional can become real. For example, if I buy a call for a million barrels of oil at $300 a barrel, my cost will not be very great as it is thought to be inconceivable that the price will go that high. That is notional. But if the Strait is closed, that can become a stupendous figure.”BIS will only commit, officially, to indicate the total notional amount outstanding for contracts in derivatives markets is an estimated $542.4 trillion. But this is just an estimate.The banking source adds,“Even here it is the notional that has meaning. Huge amounts are interest rate derivatives. Most are notional but if oil goes to a thousand dollars a barrel, then this will affect interest rates if 45% of the world’s GDP is oil. This is what is called in business a contingent liability.”Goldman Sachs has projected a feasible, possible $1,000 a barrel a few weeks after the Strait of Hormuz being shut down. This figure, times 100 million barrels of oil produced per day, leads us to 45% of the $80 trillion global GDP. It’s self-evident the world economy would collapse based on just that alone.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/iran-goes-for-maximum-counter-pressure-is-closing-the-strait-of-hormuz-an-option/5681305

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.