CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

fundamentals lacking for u price

1. 1,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    what are the fundamentals for the bullish view for the price of uranium from here ?. It is a source of energy, but is it a better value energy source than crude at 60 $ barrel, or coal or solar. Has this changed that much in the past year or past few years to account for this rise in spot uranium.

Surely isnt this the metal with the most likely upcoming collapse in price ?. I dont see crude changing as the main source of energy in the developing world. And it seems unlikely that many first world countries have an interest in uranium as their prrimary source of energy, for one they have no green/ethical interests here. So what is the basic reason for this to rise this far, what has been the dramatic change in the past year to account for this ?.

I dont think you could say its India or China, these countries do not use uranium as their primary sourcee of energy, they use crude, I do not see that changing. These guys use more U in defence, and this has not changed for many years now. Surely this metals has the weakest fundamental reasoning for such prices, far weaker than the base metals or even precious metals like gold. Would someone like to comment ?. I cant see how anyone can give fundamentals that supports the current price in uranium.

As far as CMR goes, I feel that it has value in its base metals and any price upgrades for U upside , should be kept in check

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.