RMS 1.43% $2.13 ramelius resources limited

Fundamentals, page-46

1. 12,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    A$ gold was trading at around $1440 at the end of November when you lasted "missed out" on RMS by 1 cent as you claim. Today it is trading at $1478 (up about $40). Not really any worse than yesterday in the scheme of things. Go to the view settings on your computer and set them to 150% or greater, that way you will see your charts more clearly and be able to read company reports without missing important details.

My only concern from the last company update is the SAG mill reline in January and its potential effect to gold production in the 2016 March quarter, although
    we are already seeing AISC dropping as a result of higher grades following through Checkers which should offset much of the impact of any interruption of production from the reline.

Also the end of December is tax loss time in the US and markets that are in favour in the new year will tend rally after years end. Given that the low oil price and rising rates are a massive and dangerous drag for US markets, particularly those at the periphery like high yield corporate bonds and their associated ETF funds and also the low oil price and rising rates will begin to negatively impact the US terms of trade, as high cost domestic production from their failing shale oil industry causes oil imports to rise and higher paid jobs in their economy are lost as drilling activity declines and profits are squeezed right across the equity markets by the tightening of money supply (which has fed the frenzy of share buybacks and fuelled the payment of dividends, not from positive cash flow but, from bond issues), the prospect of a weakening US dollar and a rising US dollar gold price is high next year in my opinion. If this happens the $A should rise offsetting the effect on the A$ gold price and keeping $A gold prices trading in a comfortable range. So no real effect to the RMS business other than a shift in sentiment for gold as it rises in US dollar terms. As we saw earlier this year sentiment can reprice markets for Australian gold producers pretty quickly.

As for "all excited over-not much really". You seem to presume to know the significance (or lack of significance) of the results the company has been getting at Milky Way. Please explain why you think those results are not much really. That fact the gold is highly concentrated in steeply plunging shoots would seem a good thing to me as I tend to like to invest in mines that don't need to move colossal tonnages of ore to make a buck.

Eshmun

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.13
Change
0.030(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $2.445B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.09 $2.16 $2.09 $5.048M 2.368M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27426 $2.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.14 84570 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.