AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Fundamentals, page-33

1. 3,128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1472
    I think you suffer from the same things as me - a genuine fear of selling and leaving plenty of money on the table.

It is both a huge strength, but also my greatest weakness.

I often buy well (or well enough) and have the ability or "Idiocy" to hold tough no matter what, and hold firm no matter how large the gains and how high the portfolio is going. I think the ability to hold and not panic sell is my greatest strength - but is also a weakness.

But there have been times when I should have sold at least a few of various stocks (maybe free carry the position etc), I have ridden some up, then all the way back down.

I now recognise my strengths and weaknesses and am continually trying to learn and adjust.

Obviously everyone also has a different situation with cash positions, loans, % of net worth invested etc etc.

I was a very naughty boy and used a very large amount of funds against my home loan in 2017/2018 - I thought that Lithium was going to the moon and nothing could stop it!!. I was very wrong - at least for a year or two. After being down hugely in 2019/2020 and averaging down, I have found it hard to sell anything now that things are nicely green, but I know I must to de-risk my situation, make sure the offset account is full of cash again, and tell the wife we are no longer massively in the red eek.png and are looking at working till 70 years old!!. Also, oldmate Vlad throwing missiles around, very high inflation, cracks in Global growth etc gives me enough cause to be at least mindful that a correction could happen - even though I'm a huge optimist (and hence better at buying and holding rather than selling).

So I have started selling a few AKE and others recently - just playing around the edges and building up the cash reserves again slowly, whilst trying to ride the majority of my holding for higher levels, and at least half for the long term and dividends.

I sold a few AKE recently at $14.08 which I calculate to be $8.01 on the old GXY scale. Not a bad price for one of my early parcels (probably paid about $2 or so for those) to exit stage left!! rolleyes.png. But I am holding most of my shares for $20+ AKE, $5+ PLS, $2.5+CXO and a few others. The market was very unkind to me a few years ago and now I am extremely keen to make a sh!tload to fund an early retirement - but without losing the house along the way!!.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.