AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Funding - impacts and implications, page-49

1. 592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Re OT's, totally agree with your commentary along the lines of look at the historical binding OT announcements for greenfield lithium. We have a lot of shooting from the hip when it comes to SP (I've seen low to mid to high teens being touted in numerous AVZ threads on HC) and I honestly scratch my head as to how (what logic) these numbers get put out there. If we look at PLL for instance, at the time of the Telsa announcement PLL were trading at or around 15 cents, this quickly went to a high of 66 cents or and increase of roughly 4.5 X. If you look at the OT announcement itself, the main bullet points being:
    1. A Binding agreement
    2. An initial 5 year term
    3. A "fixed price" purchasing commitment
    4. For 160,000 tpa (plus optional unspecified additional tonnes TBD by Telsa)
    5. Initial deliveries to be somewhere between July 2022 and July 2023 (depending on both companies schedules)
    So by my own reckoning we should weigh up any AVZ offtake against the OT above @ 4.5X SP multiple before we make our guesses public or at least provide some rationale behind them. Any OT announced by AVZ may additionally have key language such as "sovereign guarantee", SEZ, and other influencing factors that drive the SP multiple(s). So thanks Scarpa, keep up the great work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.