DES 0.00% 8.6¢ desoto resources limited

funding qfx for big w, page-3

1. 6,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hi Newtrader,

I'm not that up on QFX or RMA to add a great deal to your discussion. (sees like you've done a fair bit of research) So perhaps someone will reply more indepth than me.

I am happy with DES's reasonings and strategy and agree with interIssue (3 oct 2007) and quote - " Destra is ultimately aiming to become an online Brand Funded TV and Music
    Network, yet Australia’s IT infrastructure is inadequate for the mass transmission of
    multimedia. Knowledgeable of this limitation, Destra is initially focusing on acquiring
    content of music and movies. Currently Destra distributes content (visual and audio
    entertainment) two ways. Music is disseminated through physical (CD) and on line
    sales. Movies are distributed through DVD sales, ranging from sport to theatricals to
    documentaries to music videos. In fact, the genre is irrelevant, so long as it attracts a niche demographic. Through capture of a niche demographic, tailored advertising can be directed through the content, increasing the spending pattern to advertising expenditure ratio over traditional advertising channels for the advertiser."

As I've mentioned before I think online advertising will be huge.......soon.

I like the "old" businesses funding the "new"

I think a pure play digital ( like RMA ?) needs plenty of cash to carry till most us can download a movie in a reasonable timeframe and expense.

I haven't looked at the QFX agreement with Woolworths although I beleive it is being modelled on a UK operation.

DES will face many challangers, but I like most of what they have done so far and I beleive that DESTRA management know what they are doing.

Cheers

Oscar

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.466M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.2¢ 8.6¢ $7.609K 87.08K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25202 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.2¢ 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.