DES 0.00% 9.3¢ desoto resources limited

TTHDownload times vary. However, my understanding is that (and I...

1. 251 Posts.
    TTH

Download times vary. However, my understanding is that (and I have used the RMA system) it uses a "progressive" download system

On DSL2 - complete download in circa 10mins or start watching within 30secs of commencing download

On DSL1 - whats your speed? But at the new 8Mb/s 'standard' that has been available at all DSL exchanges since about february, its circa 30-45mins, but start watching in 5

BigPond claims that on its new cable system running at 30Mb/s that you can start watching immediately. That system reaches 1.8m homes............

I have a position in DES, but no more position in QFX having sold out at about same time as Lachlan. The Lachlan sellout prompted me to do some numbers and analysis - as well as review local, US and UK markets. I am very cynical about the Lachlan sellout - I see that he has "hoodwinked" DES to some extent (and DES cant get it right all the time)

Whats interesting (or coincidental) is that Lachlan sold out just after BOTH Netflix and Lovefilm.co.uk announced that they are moving to download in lieu of postal for delivery of content. Two different markets as

a) the US just loves postal and catalogue, but has better broadband infrastructure

b) UK has similar infrastructure to Australia, BUT, a postal service that is first rate and overnight to ANY point - which would indicate that they should stick with postal that bit longer - but arent. So the problem isnt in the delivery - the problem is in the inventory of titles, and ratio of New Release to members. Even with a quick postal service in a small country, it presents issues - let alone Australia where post from Perth to Sydney or Melbourne can take any random number of days.

Background is legal

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.573M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.3¢ 9.3¢ 9.3¢ $709 7.619K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 33199 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.50am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.