CTP 7.27% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

funding??, page-8

1. 11,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6456
    Hi all, just wanted to reply to Chawky and speak my mind I guess -
    my feeling is that they only way CTP will be able to fund the next 12 months is a J/V or multiple J/V's. It will be a farm in, with added cash - simply because there is really no other option as I can see it. After investing in CTP 7 months ago - and reading everything available - Hotcopper, paid & free research - They cannot keep doing capital raising's... Might I add, the current capital raising is a disaster... It has ensured that the SP cannot/could not go higher and more frustrating from my perspective - its simply not enough money for what they need.. In the recent radio interview - J.H - mentions that they will need to do some other drilling later in the year... with WHAT MONEY???
    ( with the current debt markets - even if they are getting a little better - they will find it extremely hard to access debt)

I am only weighing in now, because I would love to hear honest, well argued opinions/discussions regarding what realistic options CTP might have other that what I have just stated.

I realize they may well be able to start making money from Suprise - but also - as other posters have calculated - the possible amounts in the next 12 months might only just cover admin etc.

BTW - I really appreciate all the posts from everyone, negative and positive etc.. Just great to get different points of view. (It's always enjoyable to have a read of the ever growing CTP thread)

CTP is the only stock I own that is not well funded, its my %5 punt stock (not a short term trade though). For me CTP's actual possibilities are endless with 70 million acres of Tenements. I actually liken CTP to a kind of 'Land banking' from real-estate, its actually a very exciting type of play, with acreage values now starting to rise all over Australia's basins.

However, land banking only makes money when you sell.. and CTP has basically sold 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 of what it owns.. so it has made a profit of 0. Not sure about everyone else, but 0 is not my favorite number.

So... serious replies please, what can/will CTP be able to do regarding Joint Ventures and its cash issues - what is possible, probably and likely? (Yes I am asking a lot, but it never seems to get discussed in real detail)

I am trying to make sure readers realize I am not negative on CTP overall, I simply want to know how CTP will survive the next 12 months.

Anyway, exciting times for CTP.

Good luck to all holders,
    IMHO.
    DOYR etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.004(7.27%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $9.557K 184.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37777 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 16663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.