HDR hardman resources limited

Hooter, I have found the UBS conclusion to the full report - 60...

1. 234 Posts.
    Hooter, I have found the UBS conclusion to the full report -

While we can not fault the Mauritania joint venture partners’ current goal to get
    Chinguetti fully developed on time and budget in Q106 and evaluate Tiof for a
    potential early development scheme in ‘07, we eagerly await the future
    resumption of Mauritania exploration drilling activity. Despite the relatively
    poor recent exploration drilling results, we believe the Mauritania deep water
    Salt Basin remains relatively unexplored with a better than industry average
    success rate (5/11, or 45%). In our view, the resumption of offshore Mauritania
    exploration around April/May has potential to create a catalyst for a positive
    share price performance should investors choose Hardman in order to position
    themselves for exposure to the potential upside from the wells. For example, the
    Petrel prospect which Hardman estimates has 100 –250 mmbbl (gross) potential
    is likely to be drilled in 2005.
    Outside of Mauritania, we have tended to heavily discount the other frontier
    areas of Hardman’s operations, particularly since they are often in an early stage
    of evaluation and have not involved significant capital investment. Thus, the
    fact the Eritrean Cabinet has recently refused to award a PSC to Hardman, after
    previously establishing a MOU and worked through PSC terms, does not make
    us overly concerned. There also possibly remains other non core areas of
    Hardman activity that we think have limited potential that could also be exited
    when it is appropriate to do so. Conversely, two frontier areas are, in our
    opinion, noteworthy since they appear to have potential for reasonable upside:
    1. Offshore French Guyane (HDR 97.5%) in South America hosts the very
    large “Matamata prospect” with multiple objectives subject to farm-out
    negotiations (delayed) for potential drilling in 2006.
    2. In addition, “several highly ranked prospects” in the Albert Lake area
    Block 2 (HDR 50%) of Uganda, East Africa looks interesting.
    In summary, we believe the resumption of exploration activity around
    April/May '05 offshore Mauritania, potential confirmation of Tiof development
    go ahead in ‘05, and the Chinguetti oil field start up in Q106 combine to provide
    positive support for a future Hardman share price re-rating.

My apologies for some of the text being mangled in transition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.