EXT 12.5% 0.7¢ excite technology services ltd

funny

1. 2,377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 520
    It was a bit of a quiet day on Friday, a bit of a gap between highest buyer and lowest seller.
    I was playing around, hoping to pick a few up below Thursdays closing price. A funny thing happened multiple times.

I was second highest bidder, highest was a small number (525 shares, half cent higher than I was). It had been sitting that way for an hour or more.
    I increased my bid to be half cent higher than the 525, and as I submitted my bid & looked again, the 525 had also increased to still be half a cent higher than my bid.

This intrigued me, so I changed my bid price - both up and down. Each time, the price of this other bid altered as well. When I increased my bid to be half a cent below the lowest seller, an immediate share sale occurred (which moved the asking price to a higher level).

It was obviously automated (A Bot?), and it would only work when there is a gap between buyer & seller (slow action day).

It made me think that someone was encouraging us to bid higher, and maybe was also the lowest selling bid.

Anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $10.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $2.188K 312.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2175118 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 3431308 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.