XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

Furball Friday, page-11

1. 9,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5244
    Friday Morning Joe. 29 April, 2016

In my post last night, I noted that European markets were well down. America took its opening lead from Europe, but then recovered to be close to par in the mid-day session. Nasdaq was, around noon, well into positive territory. Europe followed America to finish more or less flat. Ha, ha. Said the Americans, Gotcha. America then fell heavily. No - that's not what really happened, that's the comic book version.

OK - In America:

Dow Jones -1.17%, SP500 -0.92%, Nasdaq -1.19%, NY Composite -0.86%, Russell 2000 --1.19%.
    NYSE NewHigh/NewLow Ratio remains bullish at 92.4%. New Lows remain benign at 10. Nasdaq was 77.4%.

SP500 Chart:

SP500 was down strongly, but not a lot of technical damage done. The Index is sitting on the 20-Day MA. That might provide support. Below that is major support from the Super Trend Line and the 50-Day MA. The negative divergences are beginning to play out. A break by the DPO and CCI below their zero lines might cause a bigger pull-back. Just something to watch.

Commodities:

US$ down heavily -0.82%. That had a positive influence on commodities, especially Gold which is very sensitive to changes in the US$. GLD up +1.89%. DBC +0.56%. Base Metals +0.57%. Energy +0.34%. Iron Ore recovered a lot of the previous session's big fall, up +4%. Ozzie Dollar up +0.23%.

In NY, Rio was up +1.52% in NY. BHP up +0.55%. EWA (ETF for Oz shares in NY) up 0.3%. Westpac was down heavily in NY -1.52%, after being down -0.87% in Australia yesterday.

XJO was up +0.73% yesterday in Australia. We'll probably lose that today.Low of yesterday was 5188. If things go belly-up, we have major support around 5151.

It's reporting season in America, and in after-hours trading, some of the tech stocks are going gang-busters. Amazon up about 12%, Linked In up 15%. Our market is not highly geared to tech related stocks, but those results might help to limit downside today.

RB.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.