CAH 0.00% $1.71 catalpa resources limited

Here is some articles that came out recently on Catalpa...

1. 249 Posts.
    Here is some articles that came out recently on Catalpa Resources.

I think Catalpa Resources share price will be driven higher from JV/mergers/farm-ins or buying out of new tenements.

"With $20 million cash in the bank, the Perth-based company said that it is ”looking around” at opportunities locally and overseas to grow Catalpa into Australia’s next mid-tier gold producer."

Certainly interesting times ahead! Fingers crossed I am right.

Catalpa looks for more mergers

CASHED-UP goldminer Catalpa Resources is setting its sights on further acquisitions after the merger with Lion Selection.

The Perth-based company told BusinessDay that it is ''looking around'' at opportunities locally and overseas to grow Catalpa into Australia's next mid-tier gold producer.

http://www.watoday.com.au/business/catalpa-looks-for-more-mergers-20090927-g7rj.html

Catalpa Resources yesterday announced it would advance its $92 million Edna May open-pit gold project into production by July next year, after raising more than $106 million in debt and equity.

As part of the Edna May finance facility, the company has sold forward 352,316 ounces of gold at the price of $1557 per ounce.

According to Catalpa, the agreement will allow it to produce more than 130,000 ounces of gold per annum from mid-2010, when Edna May comes online.

http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/Article/Edna-May-fund-raising/499342.aspx

Now the maths behind the last article:

Length of hedge sales
    352316/130000=2.71 years of hedged gold sales.

Revenue from hedged sales
    130000*1557 = $202 million/year

With a market capitalisation of $193 million I think the cash flows look healthy moving into the future as CAH progresses towards its goals of becoming Australia's next mid-tier gold company.

Good time ahead!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.