WES 2.32% $65.30 wesfarmers limited

hi Bellenuit, many thanks for your reply, it makes sense.However...

1. 916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    hi Bellenuit, many thanks for your reply, it makes sense.
    However I`m "like the man in the middle".
    I buy some growth and defensive shares as a long term investor to keep, and also the tax allows me to claim expenditure costs,, as a trader on short term penny dreadfulls that I buy to attempt to make a profit over short terms such as daily, weekly or monthly.
    I wont know what portfolio to put WES in ? because of the 50c capital return, they have promised.
    There was another aspect within their dividend and 50c capital announcement comments in their full year results announcement of 15.8.13,
    Wesfarmers Quote >
    The capital return of 50 cents per share will apply equally to both the Wesfarmers ordinary and partially protected shares, and will be accompanied by an equal and proportionate share consolidation. The share consolidation will be undertaken through the conversion of one fully paid ordinary Wesfarmers share into 0.9876 ordinary Wesfarmers shares (the same conversion ratio will apply to the Wesfarmers partially protected shares) to reflect the size of the capital return which represents 1.2 per cent of Wesfarmers market capitalisation.
    unquote>
    This looks like they are going to tighten the share base a little, in proportion to the 50c capital return, which means there will be less wesfarmers shares on issue on the market.
    Am I correct in thinking that?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.30
Change
-1.550(2.32%)
Mkt cap ! $74.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$66.20 $66.50 $64.06 $183.3M 2.817M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2927 $65.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.32 609 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.