MSB 13.0% $1.31 mesoblast limited

Do you have a Masters Degree in Pettifoggery or is it just a...

1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Do you have a Masters Degree in Pettifoggery or is it just a natural trait? I didn't intend to respond in detail to your insulting response to my "flawed" general comments but I will offer a few small rejoinders. As a man/woman with a keen analytic bent, I take it that you have contacted the company to validate your observations? It would be the ultimate in arrogance NOT to speak with senior management of a company before making such a sweeping denigration of the deal publicly.
    Based on this, as well as assuming historical rate of cash burn continues and that the exchange rate remains unchanged at its current level, the company has enough cash until around this time next year.
    Even the much vaunted Dr. Craig Collie, disagrees with you here...he suggests the company has sufficient cash reserves for the next 17 months according to Chanticleer. As does the company, by the way.
    Also, I can’t see how it validates the Osiris deal at all, as you suggest. All this deal does is give Celgene an exclusive right to study MSB’s data related to GVHD (and also to bits of MSB’s portfolio that MSB itself had de-prioritised, namely disease fields in oncology, bowel inflammation and organic transplant rejection).
    Have you done any work at all on the Osiris deal? If so, you would know that MSB paid $A52.4m to acquire it. Celgene are now paying MSB $A58.5m just to do further due diligence on the exact same assets that MSB gained in the acquisition. Admittedly, Celgene could simply have paid a similar sum for a 6 month option but they chose the equity route instead...even big pharma doesn't splash out on something they think they are not going to like.
    Just a few other points...according to a source of mine who was on the conference call the other night, Celgene have been doing their due diligence on this for the last 18 months. Additionally, my source gained the impression that Celgene is escrowed from selling for 12 months.
    Good luck to you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.150(13.0%)
Mkt cap ! $1.490B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.33 $1.15 $25.26M 19.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 161000 $1.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 50400 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.