MSB 4.66% $1.13 mesoblast limited

Hello Antibody, Patents - depending upon what stage of...

1. 162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Hello Antibody,
    Patents - depending upon what stage of prosecution they are in - are of course in the public domain anyway. Celgene would not need to cough up a dime if they just wanted to take a look at the patents.
    My expectation is that they are more interested in looking at trial design, raw data (i.e. not just collated reports, but individual patient records), underpinning pre-clinical work, and similar. So yes, a look under the hood, but I believe that a more accurate analogy is that they wish to dismantle the fuel injectors to see what makes them tick!
    I don't believe that they are doing this in order simply to validate or benchmark their own technology, as I think someone has posted. In my experience, that's not how big companies work. I would expect that this is a genuine attempt to assess the tech with a view to in-licensing down the track. This is something that smaller biotechs are doing all the time, and the fact that MSB has managed to extract some cash from Celgene in order to do it, suggests to me that there may have been other companies poking around as well. Celgene have paid for a limited time privilege.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
-0.055(4.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.284B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.18 $1.13 $4.824M 4.236M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25589 $1.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.