The electricians should of been more switched on, considering...

1. 18,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    The electricians should of been more switched on, considering that some works and others didn't. After all the power points are all connected in a circular loop. If you have 5 points in a row and point 3 works but not point 4 onwards, you know there is a break in between 3 and 4.

Thankfully our house is on stumps and all the wires run under the house up to the point and then back down under the house to the next one. So process of elimination showed since none worked there was a problem from the box to the first point.

Yeap I'm the same, have no problems doing something as long as I know for sure there is no power running to the switch/appliance etc... Currently we got an issue with our old stove. Every 3 months or so the stove switch will crap themselves (either the element is on 100% or off, there is no voltage adjustment) so I got to change the switches from time to time. I think it is trying to tell me, don't worry about changing switches just get a new stove.

New wires irritate me these days. what happened to red (positive) black (negative) and green (earth). Now it is brown (+) blue (-) and green (e). R/B/G just seemed to make sense, these new colours don't.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.