POS 16.7% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

Future dividend, page-2

1. 5,078 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2262
    Welcome to these threads.

My viewpoint is that a company like POS (i.e. a small-cap with aspirations of becoming a mid-cap) should be purchased with *zero expectation* of a future dividend stream. Sure, the Board may end up declaring one at some point in the distant future (i.e. after all of our current projects are up and running and throwing off more cash than we know what to do with -- slap me, I'm day-dreaming again!), but that's a fair way off at this juncture (i.e. years). It's certainly not how I approach investing in a Ni junior. POS is a growth play. Any future divvies that come our way will be gravy.

Forget any forecasts that attempt to put numbers around any future divvies. They'll be meaningless at the stage. It's far, far too early for that.

PS. I should probably clarify that we could have our very own 'FMG moment' around divvies, which would be awesome and VERY welcome. I'm simply cautioning against baking-in any meaningful divvy expectations to the underlying investment thesis. POS is in the resources game; it's not an industrial. It's very cyclic by nature and divvies are the first casualty when the worm eventually turns -- assuming they were paid in the first place.

Last edited by zebster: 06/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $14.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.2K 321.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
110 83593744 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 48523605 40
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.