RXM 2.97% 26.0¢ rex minerals limited

I have a tonne of respect for Chester and anyone who has held...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    I have a tonne of respect for Chester and anyone who has held RXM (or any stock) for 15 years. Far be it for me to argue or think I know better. I have only held for 12 months.

I don't hold out much hope for Hog's Ranch, to be honest. There must be a hundred stocks on the ASX and TSX with an interesting gold story. It's not DeGrey or Chalice-sized. I see it as a distraction. I hope management isn't keeping it hanging around as their Plan B to keep Rex occupied (and justify their own existence) for the next few years if Hillside doesn't amount to anything. Something needs to be done, definitively, sooner or later, with this Nevada project.

The main show, of course, is Hillside. The way I see it, our mine is viable and tenable at today's copper price. In a higher copper price environment, with a copper shortage, Hillside is compelling. The resource is proven and fully approved -- which gives us years' head start over other would-be producers. If the copper price suddenly jumped $1.00 in the next few months, I am sure someone would realise Hillside could be in production within two years and a lot would start happening very quickly.

With extra copper demand due to electrification and, perhaps, higher economic growth due to easing of interest rates, a higher copper price is a matter of when, rather than if. Hillside should be in production in 2025/26 or at some unknown point of time in the future. At least, this is my thesis, and why I'm holding. In the meantime, RXM will no doubt continue to cheese me (and everyone else here) right off; to put it politely.

But yeah....the time this is all taking is ridiculous. I keep thinking, "what if, in a few months' time, Rex announces it can't reach an agreement with any companies or financiers?". What then? Despite all the conferences, announcements, presentations and promises, absolutely nothing seems to have happened. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their office. Every morning I check HC for RXM ASX announcements at 7.30-8.30am. I hit "refresh" every so often and think, "maybe today's the day. A price sensitive announcement will filter through". Never happens. By about 9am I think, "oh well, maybe tomorrow...". I'm sure when something serious is announced I'll wish I had bought more earlier.

Good luck to us holders and a shout-out to Chester.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.008(2.97%)
Mkt cap ! $199.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 26.0¢ 25.5¢ $100.8K 391.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.5¢ 275051 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.