PLATINUM 0.72% $840.00 platinum futures

Mouse said "For those who are tempted by fuel cell technology,...

1. 3,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Mouse said
    "For those who are tempted by fuel cell technology, only a few models are commercially available. Unfortunately, these remain expensive compared to similarly sized petrol, diesel or even battery electric rivals. Toyota's Mirai, for example, costs around £60,000 with Toyota expected to lose money on every one sold. This price includes the £4,500 Category 1 UK Plug-in Car Grant (PiCG) which includes the Mirai as an eligible vehicle."

Even in 2010 the tesla was nearly $130,000 when in a later stage of development than the FCVs
    Tesla is still losing money on every one sold nearly 10 years after starting production, and now they are losing their govt subsidies including the zero emissions credits, which they used to sell to offset the cost of production. It will now become even less viable.
    What are they losing at the moment? Did I read $1 billion every 12 weeks?
    I would have thought that requiring 13 hrs to charge a battery is expensive. My time is money
    I would have thought a 10 year payback on an investment was not acceptable in anybody's language.
    You are not comparing apples with apples.
    A Ponzi scheme at best. The fat lady is getting changed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLATINUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.