AAD 0.00% $1.49 ardent leisure group

I've started to look into AAD because of its yield with its...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I've started to look into AAD because of its yield with its potential for further growth. I have never really been that interested in it because of the AUD and the impact it has had on the Gold Coast. Obviously the theme parks are the jewel in the crown, but I have doubts on their ability to keep growing in this area.

I'm interested to know what others think of their ability to capitalise on other areas.

As I am not currently in Australia, I would like to know what others think of their health club business. They are currently growing quite well, but I've always had my concerns with any form of investments in health clubs. Fitness First have just announced a restructuring which is obviously due to a cut in margins/competition??. I know that Jett and these 24 hour gyms are springing up everywhere, so how will this impact on AAD's ability to grow and increase margins in this area?

Bowling creates a large percentage of their turnover. I'm a once every 5 years bolwer, so I wouldn't know much about its popularity. The initiatives ADD have tried in Sydney have been positive and perhaps this is an area they wish to expand on in the future, which is not too dissimilar to their main events operations in the US. My concern here is that these types of operations tend to be fads and find it hard to attract return visitors. Remember Grundy's on the Gold Coast? . Admittedly, bowling attracts return customers and as i said, i wouldn't know much about its popularity and its ability to keep customers (apart from competitions i suppose).

I do like the idea of the Marina business which has the ability to get a steady income stream and create rent from their location. However, I suppose it could be impacted through a downturn in the economy, but it only makes up a small percentage of revenue.

Have ADD announced any other areas they wish to pursue? Is there convidence in the company's ability to sustain or grow th dividend?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.