(Daniel 2:44, 45) “In the days of those kings the God of heaven...

1. RM
    7,470 Posts.
    (Daniel 2:44, 45) “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,  just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Mr Gordon you should denote your passages as coming from the New World Translation NWT would be acceptable you have been asked repeatedly it is almost as if you are trying to hide the source of your material.

I have for various churches presented on cults and one of the interesting aspects with the cluster of new religions coming from America around the late 18th century such as the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses is the Freemason links with their founders. This flows on into how the organizations are structured the true power behind these movements and Freemason symbolism and terminology found in their respective writings. Over time this gets watered down especially the overt symbols but we still find it frequenting the organizations writings.

The 'Grand' god  translated by the Jehovah Witnesses is derived from the Hebrew word rab. The word rab can mean great as translated in most literal bible translations or master, Lord, large or even captain when used in a military context. But not grand and you will not find it in any literal bible versions from KJV and up as the word rab is not used for Grand.

If you notice we have stone cutting preceding the verse and and those Freemasons get their the Grand architect, the Freemason Grand god finds a home in the Jehovah Witness bible as Jehovah.

This is not the only Freemason influence and reference found in the New World translation, but one I know Mr Gordon you will enjoy to discover so you can strengthen your fidelity toward the society. I have shared these links in several churches I have attended and since churches are not your thing maybe when you are at your local Hall and fellowship with other members of the society why not raise this peculiar translation.

Regards RM.

The "Grand God" found in all manner of Halls and Lodges.  

New World Translation Jehovah Witness Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

Daniel 2

45  just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold.+ The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future.+

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.