IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

I think on-shore is just a leap too far, for now.However, the...

1. 622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 228
    I think on-shore is just a leap too far, for now.

However, the proposed 1000MW Robbins Island Wind Farm has applied for a permit of up to 200 turbines and a maximum height/rating of 270m/14MW. Haliade-X's are clearly being explored, which, although rated at 12MW officially, can be customised to 14MW. It is also far easier to transport the turbines by sea to the island direct, rather than to the nearest port and down the M1. If it's ever going to happen on-shore here's the perfect place to start.

The proposal has a number of high-profile critics, including Bob Brown, however, I expect the decision on whether to choose 200 4MW turbines or build Haliades will be driven by both the desire to push the project through at any compromise (they're looking to piggyback off the Marinus Link) and also flat economics. Vestas are struggling as a part of COVID and if you can save big CAPEX by making a massive order on the reliable 4.2MW product, well, that's a consideration.

There's a number of key species that are in the generation zone. It's a game of compromise from here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.