EPN 0.00% 2.4¢ epsilon healthcare limited

I recently watched a film called Greenlight...

1. 15 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I recently watched a film called Greenlight (https://www.greenlightmovie.com). It's about an illegal cannabis company who have helped 15,000 patients across Australia.

It was a very interesting doco but something that really stood out to me was the cost of the CBD and thc compared to the legal stuff. It's about a quarter to a fifth of the price. Their operating costs would have to be much higher as they have to buy black market cannabis at a premium rate, process it, test for contamination and thc/CBD content, factor in the cost of siezed imports and raided crops (which includes lawyer fees to keep them out of jail).

Compare this to THC who can get their raw materials for very little and import CBD without having to worry about it being confiscated.

The CBD for both businesses is coming from the exact same place (endoca) yet the company that frequently has product seized manages to supply it for a quarter of the price.

If a small company (with many legal obstacles that push up the price) can supply product at such a low rate what is going to happen when more legal cannabis companies enter the market? The global price of pure CBD has already dropped from US$50k/kg to less than US$8k/kg in the space of a few years. Does anyone know how THC has worked out their profit projections? Right now while there is little competition they can make very healthy profit margins, I hope the government loosens restrictions so we can make money before it's too late.

Another worry is if cannabis is fully legalised, who in their right mind will pay for product from the pharmacy if they can get it for next to nothing? Does THC have a contingency plan for this? Perhaps they could lobby to have cannabis products put on the PBS to make them more affordable?

Personally I think the Aussie gov is too greedy to miss out on those sweet tax dollars but it's something to consider. If recreational cannabis is legalised federally and people can grow at home it could be really bad for us imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.