LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

future ree prices

1. 766 Posts.
    People don't understand the importance of recent discovery at the MIT about the hydrophobic properties of REEs. This is a breakthrough discovery. It is the first time we have metals that repel water! Up to the present, industry had to use plastic paints to protect steel from moisture. Have you any idea how many Millions of tons of paint are consumed every year in the world? REEs are much better than paints. They do not deteriorate, crack and peel in time like paint. They withstand high temperatures and wear - unlike paint. Imagine what it will do to the price of Ce if only 1% of the paints used today will be replaced by Ce.

I am just going to write a little about the future demand for Nd-Pr. Which is huge and there are NO alternatives - as unprofessional people here write. If one wants to get high power from a small electric motor no ferrite magnets can even approach the performance of Nd-Pr. Every conventional car has tens of tiny motors to move wipers, windows, chairs etc. All of them are made of Nd. China is making now 20M cars a year (not to speak of US, Japan, Korea, India and Europe) Every earphone, loudspeaker or even electric toothbrush need Nd.

So far, the Japs and many other countries used their stock because prices were falling, and did not buy much. But very soon they will have to replenish their stock. Mark my words.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.