LYC 2.73% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

future sales going forward

1. 403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    You guys will have seen this Bloomberg article but a few interesting extracts as follows.

The drop in output and exports combined with rising demand caused the price of neodymium used in batteries for the Prius to surge fourfold to $80 a kilogram from $19.12 in 2009, according to Sydney-based rare-earth miner Lynas Corp. Lynas is building a A$550 million ($535 million) rare earths mine at Mount Weld in Western Australia.

Sojitz, one of Japan?s biggest importers of rare earths, last month agreed with Lynas to buy 8,000 tons to 9,000 tons annually from its Mount Weld mine over the next 10 years.

LYC have looked at producing around 11k tones PA ramping it up to 30K in the future, so it looks that a good % of their inventory will be forward sold to lock in supply for Sojitz.

Sumitomo Corp., Japan?s third-largest trading company, said it?s considering an investment in U.S.-based rare earth miner Molycorp Inc. An investment by Sumitomo, which the company said is one option being considered, would give it access to the world?s largest known deposit of rare earths outside of China at a mine in Mountain Pass, California.

Looking at data i thought LYC was "quoted" as having the largest rare earth deposit outside China ?
    from the above it looks that Molycorp.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.170(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.40 $6.28 $12.65M 1.991M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15037 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 38814 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.