XJO 0.87% 8,283.2 s&p/asx 200

futures trading platforms, page-3

1. ymk
    17 Posts.
    I've been trading through MF Global (formerly Man Financial) for a long time, been trading CFDs a while back and now purely on futures.

From what I know they assign 1 supervisor for each account and they stick to you from day 1. I have a great supervisor who rings me up whenever he sees any bingles with my account, sometimes even just for a chat when crazy things happen to markets. I usually take care of my own account keeping tabs on all my transactions etc, so rarely needing help of the supervisor. When you do need their support for cash out, phone orders, account status etc the service is great.

They use JTrader with an optional charting add-on, costing bout AU$160/month for the whole package. Cant remember exact figures but lets just say AU$80 for platform and AU$80 for charting functions.

Jtrader is quite easy to use, and for traders like most of us there are some nice functions for speedy trade executions. Your supervisor should go through with you on the basics once you're up n running. Its DMA so there no rorting like the complaints i occasionally see on these forums on MM providers.

The charting add-on sux, I do not recommend using the charting they provide. Data is unreliable so the charts get messed up a lot, very frustrating when u're trying to analyse a chart in a hurry. I used it for bout 3 days before i unsubscribed.

I am now using Esignal 10 for charts, nice reliable data feed and probably has most if not all the functions you would need to analyse charts. Monthly cost US$125 for software, US$25 for live futures data (most of us would want that), then additional amounts depending on what exchanges you want data from. Some only cost a few bucks to add eg Hong Kong futures data US$4, Euronext (ftse) US$2. Others cost more eg SFE is US$32, CME E-mini US$30.
    This would mean forking out a bit of extra for subscription, but in the long run its all worth it for reliability.

http://www.esignal.com/
    http://www.mfglobal.com.au/

Hope this post is useful to you Treggs and others.

Dan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.