ELD 1.60% $8.29 elders limited

Without using China as a panacea, it seems that its quite an...

1. 838 Posts.
    Without using China as a panacea, it seems that its quite an obvious choice to sell Futuris.
    Futuris can see growth in the china market and already have contracts which are growing.
    It would seem likely that an auto manufacturer such as Cherry would see it as a strategic bolt on for its secured growth.
    Futuris has a great future and is a valuable asset which when sold will command a high price as Chinas Auto industry is booming and cash is a ready available commodity.
    I can see that Ruralco and others understand this and see Futuris as an asset and not a dead weight.
    Should elders get rid of the rest of the forestry assets then it makes elders a strong player in the Agri space once again.
    Of course contenders could wait for this to happen but by then the shareprice would be significantly higher so I can see that Ruralcos brave spin on the current situation (we are a strategic investor blah blah blah) is probably just a spin.
    Ruralco must be considering a merger or takeover in order to compete with what it calls :"the big boys" and if not then its own future is marking time.
    Competition for elders when a offer is put on the table will come from more than Ruralco alone and as such any suitor will need to reflect their offer as fair and reasonable by paying up and satisfying all shareholders and that will mean in excess of $1 IMHO as a minimum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.29
Change
-0.135(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $1.305B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.29 $8.35 $8.20 $2.113M 255.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 3031 $8.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.29 744 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ELD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.