LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

A strange irony don’t you think but this is Malaysian politics;...

1. 43,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    A strange irony don’t you think but this is Malaysian politics; inconsistencies, inconvenience, rule of law that changes with the wind and LYC is caught in the backdraft. My remark is just to demonstrate that the plant should not have such sovereign risk especially when under a friendly previous Govt with the incumbent now seemingly taking a different approach by concentrating on the waste.

When is the license due for renewal? Is the incumbent govt questioning the license approval of 2016 in their thinly veiled comments? It would seems more uncertainty. Markets hates them. As you can see the smart thing to do was to short any Malaysian companies associated to Najib and Long any associated to Dr. M? Just smells like African politics and we have just seen the ‘rule of law’ applied to Najib and his associates in the usual thinly veiled attempt without using the R word. Is the political coalition of parties just a link of existence and short term objective or based on a solid foundation. Looks like a labor/green alliance of shared objectives in our own recent history here in Oz that had such a disasterous economic policies making the one I anticipate in PH an even more volatile one!

Are these the reason for the aggressivexsell off?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.82 $6.68 $12.37M 1.829M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.78 7217 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.