FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

FXX / LLL Demerger

1. 6,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4291

I know we all like new threads right eek.png, getting information from demerger related posts buried in the "General Discussion" thread is hopeless....

There has been a plethora of posts giving opinions on why the demerger is taking so long, to which I somewhat agree with @WoodySpoon (post 59285122) and others this part could have been completed a lot earlier. The transfer of the Exploitation Licence from Firefinch's wholly owned subsidiary, Timbuktu Resources SARL to Lithium du Mali SA, should already have been completed, as per:
    From announcement 16th June 2021 ~ Firefinch & Ganfeng to jointly develop the Goulamina Lithium Project:
    "A further condition precedent is the transfer of the Exploitation Licence for the Goulamina Project to the JV Company. The Company's advice is that can be completed shortly after receipt of Chinese government approvals."
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20210616/pdf/44xf0by4x0f07q.pdf

How hard would it have been to transfer, considering that the "subsidiaries" owned by Firefinch already included:
    Timbuktu Resources SARL, Goulamina Holding Co Pty Ltd, Lithium du Mali ~ Annual Report for year ending December 2020 or am I looking with a too simplistic viewpoint?

The Chinese Government approvals for the Joint Venture were announced to the market on the 20th October 2021, by the Company's own undertaking that is when the process of the transfer of the licence should have commenced?
    ~ Why didn't it? (asking for a friend) or were the company plainly naïve to the process before making that statement?

Yes, there have been some delays along the way, but IMO, none of which should / would have had any impact on the licence transfer? but obviously had impact of the overall demerger process.
    ~ The transaction documents were initially targeted to be executed by 30th July 2021, but by agreement between the parties, the date was extended to Friday 13th August 2021 and was announced to the market on the 16th August 2021.
    Some suggest that this demerger has taken an extremely long time to complete, and in essence I agree but what date would most consider the demerger was on in earnest? for me, it was when these transaction documents were signed ....
    ~ The Final Investment Decision was targeted for the December quarter 2021, this wasn't received / announced until the 4th January 2022, but in reality this equates to 1 week behind "target dates" ~ I admit that I have little understanding of the process of "an internal reorganisation of Firefinch's subsidiaries" to suit the demerger, in fact, I really have no idea what it actually means, but in my defence it wasn't until the recently that I knew it was a requirement.

Cowden stated (10th February, Paydirt) "we have just finished the complete corporate restructure" to allow the demerger of our Lithium asset.
    ~ Was it an internal reorganisation of the subsidiaries or a corporate restructure, do they mean the same thing?
    MY Aunty would be saying "Please explain" ~ not really my aunty, but used the catch cry to highlight biggrin.png
    ~ I take into consideration that the reorganisation / corporate restructure etc, may not have been possible until the definitive transferring of the US$39m was confirmed in the account.

~ But, here we are - still months away of Leo Lithium Limited being listed, and of note: there wasn't much confidence coming from Anderson with his throw away line ~~ "confident of a listing next quarter" ~~ talk about giving yourself some wriggle room!!!!!!

Anderson's performance - thats another topic
    eek.png

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.