SEK 0.60% $25.01 seek limited

fy12 results, outperformance, re-rating due, page-13

1. 1,341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Excellent opinion piece here by robballoo99...

Get in touch on the email below if you ever feel like sharing your research on a wider platform mate!

I think that LinkedIn is a threat to Seek, but all businesses face some competition... I wholeheartedly agree that the USA is the last place Seek needs to expand to... sluggish growth from now until forever... and (presumably) and already well-serviced market for Seek's services...

Not that I would be against such expansion, I'm just more excited by expansion in other regions. China and India would seem to be key markets in my opinion, though a global/ regional operation has its own advantages.

I'd also like to answer Chiang's concern about barriers to entry. The barriers entry in a "marketplace" service are simply enormous. And the bigger the existing marketplace, the bigger the barriers to entry.

No-one wants to visit 3 sites to buy something when you can just visit ebay... sure, you might check gumtree also, but you aren't going to check
    gumtree and NOT ebay.

Same goes for job seekers...

If you're looking for a job in Aus, you aren't going to just check the smaller players such as CareerOne, and ignore Seek. However, you may choose to just check the biggest... that is Seek.

Where the service is a market, the biggest one gets used first. Is there room for competition? Yes... but the incumbent big boy has a significant advantage. That's your barrier to entry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.