SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

FY16 results - My thoughts on OCF, non-recurring expenses and debt, page-26

1. 1,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    Lol, my bad. CORRECTION, don't buy this stock until @Braintot is finished

SGH is trading on fumes atm and it wouldn't surprise me to see this thing go lower still. What surprises me is people were willing to buy this prior to the result, and now we have confirmation that the turnaround has begun (with the caveat there is still more to be done), everyone seems to be running for the hills. Are the results not materially better than 6 months ago?

The lack of guidance is disappointing but I've chosen not to presume this means the worst. Like you said, I think management will need to be more forthcoming with updates over the current FY and if I get enough likes on this I might even forward it to their IR department and replant that seed for them! I'm sure AG and BH are more than aware of this, and are probably airing on the side of caution in providing guidance that they may not be able to achieve. Again, this is a turnaround so they are trying to materially re-organise the business so while we want to hear positive guidance, any numbers they throw out may turn out to be arbitrary and end up equally surprising (disappointing) on the upside (downside).

I personally don't care what the market is doing on this, there are a bunch of ST traders looking to pick up 10-20% returns and if that is there prerogative so be it. I consider my investment in SGH to be well reasoned and for the LT, despite me having to speculate that future interim results will fall in my favour. One could easily argue the other way and I can sympathise with LT shareholders who now distrust management.

Where is the AGM held, Sydney or Melbourne? Sounds like it could be a fun day!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.