NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

LightForce, since you do not hold the stock and you have no...

1. 299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    LightForce, since you do not hold the stock and you have no sentiment on the stock, it is hard for people to understand what you are trying to achieve from asking these questions.

For example, are trying to warning people not to buy the stock at all (& regardless of what the price is) or are you trying to get into the stock yourself and just need some guidance as to what a fair price for the stock is given the present level of business activity at Nearmap & the wider macro economy (down-turn or otherwise)?

In reality, there are investors that are driven by 'Cold Hard Facts', and I gathered from your questions that you might be after these precise facts. If so, please be aware that Nearmap hasn't released their data at this level (ie. How much the Food Truck sector is worth in comparison to the wider residential building/construction sector etc...) so it is unlikely that anyone on this forum will have this data. This is why nobody is answering your questions.

In addition to the 'Cold Hard Fact' investors, there are also investors that run on their beliefs on what a sector or an industry COULD be worth to a company, these investors often draw their opinions from a wide source of information (not just this forum).

Your generalisation that there are going to be CUTS everywhere because of an economic slow down in the residential housing sector AND that Nearmap will be badly affected is what a lot of people cannot accept.

Personally, even if I assume your statement is true, then surely even on ZERO housing & building growth, people still need to live, right?

That is:

- Councils will still need to monitor roads and traffic for improvements & repairs.
    - Modifications of buildings will still require site visits.
    - Existing dwellings without solar panels will need installations as electricity prices go up & up.
    - Manufacturing facilities and factories will need to relocate from higher rental areas to new lower rental areas due to reduced budgets etc....

So the fact that the above activities are still occurring (even in a ZERO housing growth environment) implies that Nearmap's product usage will increase. This is just common sense so no justification is required because we all know it will occur.

Nearmap is NOT a luxurious item that businesses and government cut in times of tough economic slow down, in fact it is the reverse, Nearmap is a competitive advantage that will ultimately SAVE people TIME & MONEY, and can you tell me which business will say NO to saving more time and money? The cost of Nearmap services is all relative to what a business does with the information.

I understand that Speed Cameras Systems on most of our national & state roads actually costs millions to purchase, run & maintain, expensive right? So maybe the government should cut them? But in contrast to the hundreds of millions of fines they raise every year. This expenditure is really, to use your own words 'a drop in the ocean'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.