HUM 1.82% 81.0¢ humm group limited

Ok, I did not mean to be rude, I just thought it was a bit...

1. 1,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 514
    Ok, I did not mean to be rude, I just thought it was a bit arrogant (and borderline misleading)

To expect or say or assume $92m and use inflation as a base (is inflation over 2.1% in Australia right now? I thought it was lower...), is a bit misleading... 92m has not been achieved, and therefore 90.1m is what this years results should be compared to (as this is actually what was produced last year). Besides, it is common for companies to sometimes not go forward in profit, particularly one in such a competitive sector such as Flexi, where, for example a laptop or tablet they finance is actually getting cheaper (on average), not more expensive. With the way the share price is going you would have thought they were about to go from a 90.1m profit to a 90.1m loss!

Additionally, to justify $92m on the base simply subtract F & P full year profit (which I believe is around $2X m for the full year), when Commerce Commission only approved the transaction in March, and therefore only a quarter of that $2Xm has been counted in the $97m estimate put up in the slide - this was all mentioned in the conference call held the same day (with management quoting "F&P are absolutely on track", I believe they may have even quoted F&P as producing $6m of that $97m cash profit).

So when you actually look and listen, Flexi's core business is not producing anywhere near $7x m (pulled out of thin air?), and actually more like $91m... which is more than flexi has ever produced in profit before, yet the share price is at levels not seen since 2012... although just not that greater growth as what some may have been expecting (including myself).

Ultimately, the powerpoint was very badly done, and hard to understand, it was lucky they had a call afterwards... just a shame it seems nobody took alot of notice of what was being said... anyway I think we have seen a turning point in flexi's share price today as people can't say no to an unbelievable dividend at a PE more than 2x lower than the ASX 200 average

(as always, don't take this as advice for or against, and do your own research carefully, mine might not always be 100% accurate either!)
    Last edited by investor_jackson: 08/06/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.