GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

fyi

1. 120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Found this, any news is good news after the last few weeks,GBG I imagine would be a large part of this. R & R

Miners support Oakajee
    Posted 12 minutes ago

Map: Geraldton 6530 The proponents of the Oakajee port project say demand from miners planning to use the infrastructure has exceeded expectations.

Oakajee Port and Rail has spent the past year completing a feasibility study on the proposed port, north of Geraldton.

OPR says discussions with miners have revealed more than 35-million tonnes of ore is expected to be shipped through the port in its first year.

Oakajee's CEO John Langoulant says it is a significant level of potential demand.

"This is an important announcement in that from the indications we've now received from the miners through the region, we will exceed the 35-million tonnes which is necessary for this project to be a bankable project, so it's a very important step in the process of getting the project to fruition," he said.

The Premier Colin Barnett says the figures help shore up the project.

"It's a significant milestone in the development of this project and the fact that Oakajee Port and Rail has now been able to identify 35-million tonnes of iron ore exports through the port, means that the port I expect will prove to be a financially viable project," he said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.