G1A 0.00% 5.9¢ galena mining limited

G1A19 - corona

1. 10,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    Thought I would start this thread to isolate the corona conversation No one seems to post on Galena except me and a handful of others anyway so it can't hurt.

A few positive stats in a sea of bs...

Scandinavia now at 2896 cases and only 4 deaths.
    Australia 250 cases now and only 3 deaths.
    Germany 4600 cases and only 9 deaths.
    S. Korea 8086 cases and only 72 deaths.
    Switzerland 1375 cases and only 13 deaths

The 17207 above cases with 104 deaths gives a mortality rate of 0.6% but if mild cases were tested (unlikely) the mortality rate is easily under 0.5%, probably in the 0.3-0.4 % range with the bulk of that coming from 65+ years of age.

The top infected countries however, China, Iran, Iraq, Italy and Spain the mortality rate (from reported cases) is closer to 4%.

To me this possibly suggests that China, Iran and Italy etc are not reporting their numbers accurately enough or haven't done enough testing. Either that or there are significant differences in the demographics such as Scandinavia having the lowest incidence of smoking in the world around 5% which are causing the differences.

My guess is the virus is far more widespread than suspected but far less deadly than is being implied especially to the under 65 age group. So far globally in 3 months we've only had 5800 deaths with China saying they are now through peak virus.

Last edited by Panda7: 15/03/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G1A (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.