LBY 0.00% 3.3¢ laybuy group holdings limited

What are you talking about?? You clearly don't even understand...

1. 853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    What are you talking about?? You clearly don't even understand LBY or its strategy. And funnily, you've only ever done 3 post on Hotcopper and they are all negative posts on Laybuy. Do you actually just want to try to buy them cheaply?

You think they've not done anything over the past year?? 150% growth in total this last year, 500% growth in UK (off a smaller base so you would expect that to be higher than NZ and AUS). They are predicting 90-100% revenue growth for this coming year. They've gone from being the 5th or 6th player in the UK to probably being a solid 3rd player.

You talk about them having no chance in the AUS market like it is a surprise... well actually that is exactly what LBY have always told investors. They've never been focused on AUS, it was only ever a test for them for international for their product and to generally support their existing NZ merchants.

LBY was always going to need to raise more capital. You think valuation is over the top, but LBY is by far the cheapest of all BNPL stocks, and probably has some of the better metrics. I reckon they were looking at valuations, and thinking that at some stage the market would recognise it and move it more in line with others. But one problem is the entire BNPL market is down something like 50% in 2021.

I feel sorry for Gary and his family. They are the largest shareholder, so take a pretty big hit for dilution.

I think people realised it would need to raise capital, so instos don't need to buy on market when there is a placement coming. Let's hope this raise removes that risk and the stock price gets to valuation metrics more like the others (even moving to OpenPay valuation multiples would see LBY double in value). At least now they will have 12-18 months of runway to achieve it. If it doesn't, then at some stage you would think they could become a target for the others (nice way for others to enter the UK and also pick up a leading position in NZ).

And let's hope they do a SPP for retail holders. If they do, then you will know that they respect retail investors, rather than just placing discounted shares to instos. At a discounted price I will be taking up as much of any SPP as I can.

Cheers
    Marv

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LBY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.