XJO 2.11% 7,943.2 s&p/asx 200

Gain Control !! - Friday, page-3

1. 9,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5179
    Dow Jones Industrial Average above 17,000 and its the 4th July, Independence Day. There’s plenty of celebrating to be done in the U.S. This weekend. Have a good one all you Yankees.

SP500 +0.55%, Dow Industrials +0.54%, Nasdaq 100 0.61%, Russell 2000 0.72%, Transport +0.75%.

The Europeans were up very strongly last night. German DAX +1.19%. French CAC +1.02%.

Here’s the detailed chart for the SP500:

This is setting up for a pull-back. Negative divergence setting up on the MACD. Very high readings on RSI <78, and CCI <180. Negative divergence setting up on Money Flow. I can't see much more upside with Indicator structure like that. But – this is a bull market – so any pull-back is likely to be limited. (Yes - the Great Bull has brainwashed me - so I had to say that.)

Commodities:

CRB Index down -0.13%. Industrial Metals +0.47%. Copper was one of the better performing IMs up +0.78%. Zinc and Lead were both down. Precious Metals -0.76%, but showed some intra-day buying. US$ Gold -0.42%. GLD saw some intra-day buying - so not so bad.

Ozzie Stocks in NY:

BHP +1.28%. BHP has had a good run and getting near the top of its range. This run-up from low to high has measured +8.77%. It’s virtually impossible to buy right at the bottom and sell right at the top. But that’s a good short term profit for anybody who got in early. There could be more in it. The past two run-ups were <13%.

Rio +1.38%. Like BHP it is now at the top of its trading range. But, there's no sign yet of this failing – so there could be more to go.

Wetpac +0.59%. It poked above both the 50-Day and 100-Day MA, but remains in its trading range.

ANZ +0.51%. Strong indtra-day buying. It looks like it's about to break upwards from a bull flag.

EWA +0.15%.

All of those figures have to be put in the context of a fall in the Ozzie Dollar of -1.01%. So the stock rises were essentially very strong.

Redbacka

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.