GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Great to see such positive posts and the share price on a steady...

1. 53 Posts.
    Great to see such positive posts and the share price on a steady climb. For those selling I say good luck - for me, I'm sticking around. I got my first EV (a converted Mitsubishi) in 2007 and started MyElectricCar.com.au (a pure information site) in 2009. I've seen the web stats grow steadily over the years as visitor numbers increased.

This era of disruption that we are in is simply massive and lithium is making it all possible. I emphasise, we are still just at the beginning. I've been doing public talks on this for the past couple of years pointing out to people the inevitability of what's coming. I mean who would have thought the thousands of years old horse industry would collapse within a period of 13 years? or that Kodak would go from world domination in film and their most profitable year in 1999 to filing for bankruptcy protection just 12 years later.

This disruption will require all the lithium we can dig up over the next 5 years at least and possibly a decade. The current lithium technology could be supplanted by ultracapacitors and exotic new materials but it's difficult to see anything replacing lithium in the short term and demand will be enormous. Elon Musk has to be congratulated as the visionary he is - virtually single handedly he has disrupted the giant automotive sector - not an easy task. With battery storage we shall see the utility sector turned on its head also. Battery production will double when the Tesla gigafactory is full steam ahead and production of the new cells has, as many of you know, already started. To change the global fleet approximately 200 gigafactories (Elon Musk's calculation) will be needed. On top of that we have battery storage which will be another wave of icing on the cake for lithium producers - that is currently in its infancy but as battery prices continue to fall it will simply make economic sense to get your own storage.

Barring a world war, environmental catastrophe, stock exchange meltdown or similar event, Galaxy has only just started on this journey. These early wins will be dwarfed by what is to come provided the company is managed efficiently as now seems the case. By the way I'm happy to do a free talk for all Galaxians, if anyone's interested, provided someone can come up with a venue. Per ardua ad astra!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.