GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Galaxy... GXY... Chart..., page-3651

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I'm probably going to be unpopular for saying this but my observation is that a lot of the commentary here simply is not cognisant of the reality that the SP can go down despite the belief in the company. On any day the price can go up or down. Yet there are so many people here who only ever predict that the price will go up tomorrow, tomorrow is always going to be a green day. To me that sounds a little like the gambler's mentality "I'll make my money back on the next bet" - the next bet will always be a win, it can't be a loss.

And this from posters who proclaim to be long term investors, but obsessing about each downward pip every day. Why are long term investors obsessing about daily price fluctuations I ask when what should matter to them is what the long term price is. Posters would benefit both emotionally and financially from taking an unbiased view not only of the risks to the company's prospects (i.e. not just how many tonnes its gonna ship and how much money it will make, but what are the downside risks to a profitable scenario) but also of how the market works, and the reality there is if large insto's want to push the price down to accumulate or just because they have a negative view of the company, they can do so because the have the resources.

The trend is not called our friend for no reason, and follow the money is also not a saying for no reason - and right now it appears in the short term sellers are pushing the price down. What we each do about that is up to each of us, but it is pointless proclaiming surprise when it happens, because that exposes either (a) a lack of understanding how the market really works, and/or (b) a blinkered view that simply does not recognise or accept the impact of negative factors that can adversely impact the SP in the short or long term.

Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.