GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Galaxy is a cheap takeover target, page-301

1. 2,733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 392
    Aloha, ‘Tis true! Loose lips may sink ships, and displace friends, by generating a fair bit of nerve, and collateral damage. Business leaders and some forum posters may want to bear this in mind.

As @Gameplanon  “s fun guessing comp will soon be coming to a close, it was mad as, to see the good sportsmanship, of all of the posters that participated.

I remember awarding the electric lawnmower prize to @clivemax, as he was one of the first to submit his higher bid. A few moments later, there were more higher bids coming in, and a few more electric lawnmowers needed to be offloaded.  

I hope that each of these gentlemen, went out and bought themselves an electric lawnmower, in memory of this event, and with compliments from Galaxy forum.

As for my own guesstimates, they were just wild  guesses plucked out of thin air. My school teachers would remind my class to go with what comes to mind first. This strategy did not go down so well, in regard to picking numbers for the comp. But, there’s nothing wrong with thinking and dreaming big, even though Galaxy is yet to reach some of those more loftier share price targets in this day and age.

I was figuring on a bigger high than $4.54 initially, and a dip towards mid year, which seemed like more of a landslide, even though history may not be likely to repeat in the sharemarket.

I remember your mid year target of $2.77, and even that seems like sitting at a bit of a place on high, given where the share price sits at the moment.

The sharemarket can be like a game of cat and mouse, mousetrap, or a game of strategy like chess or monopoly. As Galaxy is heavier with institutional loading; they move, we move.  Even the very best strategic game players, take up defensive positions where necessary.

It’s always interesting, for people to speculate in regard to all aspects of the mining business, Galaxy trading; as long as we all stay reality based, in regard to the information contained in the announcements, invest according to what is actually known/playing out, and adjusting to any unknowns that are likely to be received. As we can see, the market moves in relation to reasonable events, as well as to the artificially induced, and generally misunderstood information overload of related events. Even the industry leaders can concede to that.

I’m thinking in terms of many years in this investment, and therefore, the day to day argy bargy, doesn’t really concern me. So I can therefore, read/post with a certain degree of detachment from short term arguments and outcomes.

I don’t think that existing holders will be disappointed in future years, especially those experiencing a lot of financial pain at the moment. It does seem to me now, that the 5:1 consolidation happened, with perhaps, an ultimate plan to try to push Galaxy back to penny stock status. Whether this can be achieved remains to be seen, however, it did seem to flush out a percentage of retail holders, especially, the ones who like to trade in the penny stock range

I agree with what you said about keeping 100% ownership in SDV, as other companies that need to go 50/50 JV with other companies, can sometimes look as though they are on the path to potentially going caput to me.

Not as exciting to some, who would have preferred JV-ing with a partner. Would rather see Galaxy’s shareholders benefitting longer term, whereby management keep their controlling stake, and retain 100% profits, as SDV progresses.

On James Bay, I did read, after one of the JB announcements a few years back, that you were loading up your wheelbarrow with the Canucks. So perhaps you may want to re-think your idea about getting rid of the potential Golden Goose which is James Bay, with the vast and lucrative pegmatite outcroppings that were detected on-site?

Management will ultimately decide, if they see true future potential in JB. It reads as though they are viewing it as an asset, rather than a liability, at this stage.

We may learn more, when Simon Hay starts in his new role as CEO on 1st July.  Mahalo!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.