galaxy poll labor: 48 coalition: 52

1. 7,659 Posts.
    PRIMARY VOTE (per cent)

SUPPORT for Kevin Rudd's Labor government has slipped for a second week in a row, with the ALP primary vote plunging to just 36 per cent, according to an exclusive Galaxy poll.

Labor: 36 Coalition: 45

TWO PARTY PREFERRED

Labor: 48 Coalition: 52

PAID PARENTAL LEAVE

Which policy is best?

Labor: 36 Coalition: 44

COALITION PLAN TO AXE SCHOOLKIDS BONUS

In favour: 38 Opposed: 47

The result is below Julia Gillard's vote at the last election and comes as the Coalition's primary vote remains unchanged from last week on 45 per cent.

On a two-party preferred basis, an election held today would deliver a Coalition government with 52 per cent.

But parents don't like Mr Abbott's plan to axe Labor's $820 Schoolkids Bonus. According to the poll, Mr Abbott's plan to cut the payment is opposed by 47 per cent of voters.

Opposition is highest among parents, with 50 per cent of mothers and fathers disagreeing. Only 38 per cent backed Mr Abbott's vow to cut the welfare payments.

"Voters prefer the paid parental leave scheme proposed by the Coalition over Labor's policy, but there is significant opposition to the Coalition's plan to axe the Schoolkids Bonus,'' Galaxy pollster David Briggs said.

Yesterday Mr Rudd promised he would "fight" to get back in the election race but conceded his back was against the wall.

"I've been in a few tight spots before and I've managed to fight a way forward," he said. "I intend to fight my way forward."
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/abbott-cements-his-lead-as-alp-slumps-to-36-per-cent-of-primary-vote-galaxy-shows/story-fnii5s3y-1226699065192

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.