GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

It's quite interesting to watch the Australian Stock market from...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    It's quite interesting to watch the Australian Stock market from overseas when it comes to lithium stocks.
    It looks like AGY is pursuing the same dream as Galaxy with Sal De Vida creeping up a little in value.
    Reading their recent announcements it appears AGY are aiming for 150 tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate based on around 700,000 units.
    Looking at Galaxy they have around 2 billion shares on offer bit they have three assets. I checked out some of the old posts on this forum to get a grip on where others might see this company and to me it appears by comparison to others that 1 billion is reasonable for a lithium mine for hard rock.
    I looked at that and I saw the idea of an 8:1 conversion which places Galaxy at 20,000 tonnes which I am confused about when I see Pilbara with 44,000 tonnes in the recent Galaxy announcement but they have 1.3 billion units on trade. One producing and one trying to get there but meanwhile carbonate is an 8:1 extraction so by comparison of Galaxy producing 25,000 tonnes at Sal De Vida it doesn't really equate and sounds kinda misleading to consider Galaxy's Sal de Vida on the same standing, does anyone else find that confusing?
    The past few weeks I read that FMC are considering listing their lithium assets separately though an advisor I work with thought that they might sell their lithium assets to be able to pursue their pesticide dream.
    Maybe if Galaxy could find a way to buy FMC they might be able to push Sal De Vida ahead sooner rather than later. I think FMC are producing 14,000 tonnes per annum and have some assets in North Carolina, India and China worth looking at?
    As a comparison I found that AGY with their 150 tonnes per annum at what ever varying percentage ownership ended today with an Australian market cap of $57 million. But Galaxy's pilot plant puts them at 1,500 tonnes per annum which is 10x that same market cap so maybe Sal De Vida might be $570 million asset alone by comparison?
    Another thing I was looking at which I kick myself for not asking skinny Iggy at Mines and Money was their relationship with FMC.
    Maybe if Galaxy could pick up FMC they could be producing somewhere around 14,000 tonnes of lithium carbonate sooner rather than later?
    I read an article that placed FMC lithium assets around USD $2.2 billion but in my research Martin Rowley and Paul Matysek were from lithium one. Can anyone else see that connection?
    There appears to be a connection between Lithium X and Galaxy so maybe the two companies may work together to purchased FMC. Is that realistic?
    Maybe Galaxy and Lithium X pick up FMC's Hombre Muerto and repurpose it they could as a combined entity produce 100,000 tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate at $10,000 per tonne by a low value.
    I was wondering about Mt Cattlin. Doesnt FMC have tolling arrangements? Maybe they are working with Mitsubishi who has always been a big supporter of Galaxy and General Mining which Galaxy own.
    If Mt Cattlin by concentrate produce 160,000 tonnes which on low scale is $830 per tonne at US$132 million then maybe Sal De Vida at 1,500 tonnes of carbonate at $10,000 per tonne is US$15 million.
    US$147 million per annum isn't something to sneeze at or am I missing something?
    Maybe if FMC is acquired and the region of Sal De Vida is realised they could do 100,000 tonnes per annum sooner?
    Maybe James Bay will do a duplicate of Mt Cattlin at 160,000 tonnes of concentrate puts then at 140,000 tonnes of carbonate if they pick up FMC tolling rights. Forgetting if they do hydroxide but that is a higher $ value.
    By my calculation that works out to 140,000 tonnes per annum which is close to last year's global production.
    The other thing I have noticed is the team that Galaxy have. They all appear to be about mergers and acquisitions which is about expanding their business.
    Maybe if Galaxy do produce 140,000 tonnes per annum we might be seeing a $5 per unit at a 20% return on revenue per share?
    It appears to me as an outsider looking back in that maybe there are a number of things being missed here?
    Good luck to all,
    G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.