GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Interesting question @Thesi. GXY management and board strike me...

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Interesting question @Thesi.

GXY management and board strike me as being strategic in their thinking, AT plays a long game and our board members have skills in M&A, they are not there by accident.

There have been plenty of articles in recent months suggesting that the lithium industry is entering a stage where mergers and acquisitions are the main activity over the next couple of years and it will be a very different landscape made up of large entities, very similar to oil in the 20thC. I'm sure this occupies significant amounts of the thinking of our board.
    I would suggest that we would want to be positioned as one of the top three or four companies. The lithium producers of the future will not just be digging holes or evaporating ponds of brine, they will control the whole lithium chain all the way downstream to battery level.

I am struck by the ever-present expression of the value of partnerships in communications from the company whenever growth is discussed. The SDV development is significant in this regard, both with our partnership and cooperation with POSCO and the use of JP Morgan to explore development and off take partners. AT stressed that the possible partners were being evaluated for the synergies that they could bring to the table.
    In an interview published by Reuters today (on the new lithium related articles thread) AT was quoted:

"The shortlist includes Chinese, other Asian and non-Asian firms, including lithium end-users, firms already in the lithium industry and materials and industrial firms looking to get into the lithium supply chain, Tse said.
    "You probably would be surprised in terms of some of the not-so-usual suspects that you might see on that list," Tse said in an interview."

He also said that there are now only seven on the shortlist.

It would not surprise me if JPMorgan were not only advising on the suitability of the partnerships, but the financial and/or equity structures that would suit.

As an investor in Galaxy I believe that I have invested in the "new oil", an opportunity to take a stake in the fuel of the 21st century that will be just as rewarding as buying into the beginnings of the big oil of the 20th century.

Galaxy may not be big enough to swallow its competition alone, but it is debt free, asset rich and has industry expertise. I'm sure our management will be considering all options to leverage these assets to our advantage in whatever opportunities arise.

Remember AT wished the shorters "luck", "you wouldn't want to be caught on the wrong side of the trade".

Interesting musings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.