GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Galaxy Weighing Up Partnership Options, page-235

1. 753 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    I will bite re shorters game plan.

First of all, I love the shortman data as it leave a trail of skid marks of what the shorters have been up too. (it's the best description i can think of given the lowly nature of their work)

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=gxy

Those huge cross trades are bugging me. Who would be selling such big parcels at those prices. There were similar dips in the shortman data for ORE and PLS around the same days (which look like cross trades but I have been bothered to investigate). Something is amiss!! Either way, the point being they managed to cover.

One other point, their shorting activity increased from 23 July from 14.26% to 18.41% in late August. This is just after the POSCO deal was announced. They knew of this deal and yet they chose to up their shorts. Why did they do this? They potentially knew that there would be an expecation that the share price would pop on the news of the deal becoming final. Yet they knew it wouldn't as they upped their shorts. When it didn't that meant more disappointed shareholders to buy from.

They managed to cover around 8 million shares through tanking the share price.

This week, they seem to be keeping tight tabs on us as Egor pointed out (over 52% and the other 41% of shorts on the 12th and 13th). I am questioning if they undertake their activities with the technicals and charts in mind. Pump a load of cash in right at the bell to ensure that the share price stays in the red. Surely they couldn't be THAT manipulative, could they?

So where to next. The charts / technicals are not looking strong as ProC and others have pointed out. The shorters have us on a nice downward trend and until they see us bucking that trend in any meaningful way / why not hold on in the hope of more profits. They likely bought in at $3.50 to $4.50 so they are likely sitting on a nice paper profit. There are a lot of people saying they must be worried. I am not so sure. They are sitting on green and are a bunch of cocky and greedy mofo's. Do you think they are worried or do you think, they think they can squeeze some more out of good old GXY (who has been so good to them)?

So if am a shorter, and I have just cashed in on some profits by making the share price dump, why not do it again. There isn't a lot of support below $2.36. Think of the fear and panic that was buzzing around here when they hit that level so imagine what happens when they push it lower. Surely they will dislodge a few more and cover some more.

To be clear I don't want them to do this and I hope I'm wrong! I would rather see the share price take off and the share to be valued what it is worth, which I think it will when they are done with us or some surprise news hits the market. (please AT, no more telegraphing upcoming good news in advance like the POSCO cash settlement!) I'm just open to the idea that this could be their game and am keeping some powder dry if it does play out that way.

AIMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.