GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Galaxy: What I'd like to see...

1. 8,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    Hi All,

Thought I would start a new thread that allows people to discuss what they would like to see... Naturally of course a better share price but what key drivers are people hoping for that might contribute towards that.

@ronn just wanted to point out that I jump on here for a bit of fun and entertainment and if the finger you are pointing is towards @airconditioner they are a bit the same.. We both are fairly like minded to the point specifically supporting the renewable energy movement.. Plus, despite what is pretty obvious that the shareprice has been pummeled Galaxy is the most sound investment that I can find.. I would say that it makes me sleep soundly however looking at the time I am posting this at 10pm it might not match reality.. (11:30pm took me an hour to write)

The funny thing is after writing my post and sharing it last night I thought I would make a quick trip down to the garage and get rid of some rubbish... Trip is the key word here.. I fell down the stairs and had all the rubbish fall all over me.. I don't know if ironic is the right word but as I lay there feeling sorry for myself now with an aching shoulder I probably felt like some holders do right now..  If it was filmed I would be going viral on YouTube right now. Note: I was even wearing my Galaxy polo at the time.

Well... I didn't come here to write about how incredibly accident prone I am, but sometimes I feel like the female version of Kramer..

Sooo.. What would I like to see?

I think a first thing would be an announcement post shipment on Belle Ocean. The idea of the company going quiet on this type of an announcement wouldn't be my choice. Maybe a year or so out sure, but reminding the market that the company is shipping regularly along with the amounts instills confidence of regular cash flow. Otherwise the only way investors can find out about the shipping is dropping into Hot Copper.. As much as I love this place it isn't how I think news should be disseminated.

Sal De Vida... What's going on over there? The company raised $60 whatever million to progress that and also James Bay but we haven't heard boo... I'd like to hear boo.. Except when I am walking down stairs... Don't frighten me.. I seem to struggle with that simple task enough.

It appears to me that AGY have done very well in keeping the market informed and are progressing well.. Just like when Mt Cattlin was delayed it was important to talk about the bolts being tightened and the screws being screwed.. Otherwise without hearing about those screws we know what gets screwed...

I am quite concerned for all lithium stocks with Galaxy falling to these levels.. We know the potential of revenue to be generated from Mt Cattlin is far higher than that of any other on the ASX along with owning 100% of each asset 'at this time'

I would also like to see management buy some shares on the market. This would instill confidence and also indicate that they felt it was a bargain to do so. I have seen this thought shared by others and I agree..

I think these few things would do for now but there is one more at the bottom of this post..

@bobsacramento made a good point that it is always a good time to talk about 2018 pricing..

Of late whenever I think about pricing and the demand for lithium I am reminded of this post:

I think it says it all in 140 characters or less..

We often forget that Galaxy is in a enviable position.. They are independent and have various converters seeking to get out of the tolling arrangements that the majors have placed them under.. Even General Lithium is trying to get away from Albemarle and with Pilbara delayed there might be an opportunity for Galaxy to work with them in the interim. I know we have 2 customers but when I spoke with Anthony he did mention there is a 3rd looking to come online later this year. - Where else are these converters going to buy feedstock from? Orocobre don't sell spodumene and when I asked someone how Neometals are going with their shipping they laughed and said that it is sitting somewhere.. They couldn't say much but it sounds like there might be a problem. Interested to learn more if anyone has details?

Recently I recall reading that whilst we were all surprised at the time with the 2017 pricing Galaxy achieved we probably could have asked for much more or a shorter contract. We know the pricing is likely to rise as the market realizes that there won't be much supply coming online for quite some time. - Projects will fail... And no dig at Pilbara but just an example of reality...
    • How far are they behind their timeline?
    • Weren't they meant to start construction at the end of last year?
    They still don't have finance...

All of this is likely to become far too common and hamper efforts to shift to renewables but meanwhile send pricing up which benefits holders of all producing lithium stocks.

Good luck India and China.

Hi @itsjustme Yes I am still in...  I sold a small amount and brought back in just to realise some losses today. Found myself picking up a few extras by waiting till later in the day. The high volume today was very helpful.. I was surprised to see $2 disappear so easily..

And this brings be to the final thing I'd like to see the company do..

Give a dividend.. We don't have many shares on the market now..

The reason the share gets traded so much is that the only way for holders and investors alike to make some $$ on this stock is to trade it.. Having a small amount to buy at the lows and sell at the tops... My opinion is that the company is somewhat hampering itself by not giving one.. Dividends increase interest from funds that require a stock to be isssuing them to be included..

The company has only 395,138,471 shares in market which would work out to be less than AU$4 million on a 1c dividend.. Which is the equivalent of just under 3700 tonnes of concentrate. - Not inclusive of expenses.

I think at one point I worked out that management annually cost the equivalent of 2500 to 3000 tonnes of concentrate and I think the administration costs are fairly similar.

It's interesting to consider how much of something needs to be sold to cover each cost..

Wonder when we will see another major holder announcement? Other funds will have noticed that BlackRock have brought into Galaxy so heavily. 6.8% from memory...

It's a good time of year to buy in

Screenshot_20170608-232008.png
    Last edited by Thesi: 08/06/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.