MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

game is over, page-20

1. 1,937 Posts.
    I'll join in the Merry Christmas spirit - for both camps of MEO lovers and haters. Every stock has it's cheerleaders and it's detractors.

I've seen way too much moreso in the last 2 years to now know better, having first joined MEO at the 7cents low at the GFC low. I didn't believe in the Artemis story and sold out before it hit 50 cents happy with the return without knowing much else about the petrology.

This latest foray took away all that gain and then some, and I have myself to blame after buying back in at 30cents recently and building upwards, since I began to believe the Artemis story.

Reality is a dog's turd sometimes, and this one is just another lesson learned after being in a nice position - as were many. Emotions aside, MEO has actually done the right thing by itself. Like it or hate it, in reality the actions have been cautious to date but with no product to show for it.

The valid question is can MEO keep on selling itself?

The answer has to be yes. Since this hypocrisy pervades every corner of every market participant. The only real question is has it p***ed off a major fund to the point where it will now get murdered out of spite.

Otherwise it is business as usual for everyone. You win some, you lose some. If a big enough fund believes in the remaining MEO story, it will survive. In the hands of retailers, this will go the way of CTP IMO. It would be nice to see how the share registry now sits - the latest Artemis announcement is not worth wiping your rear end with. It says nothing of PBR's response and the remaining farmin agreement. The world that is oil and gas is for pitbulls not disposable nappies.

In any case, have a Merry Chrismas and safe New Year everyone - here's cheers to the lessons learned if nothing else. Once the hangovers have worn off - get up, dust yourself off, and make sure you do something different next time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.