RTG 4.55% 4.6¢ rtg mining inc.

"The presentation ended with the leaders agreeing that...

1. 614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    "The presentation ended with the leaders agreeing that Bougainvilleans including the landowners should iron out their differences and consider investors who want to work with the ABG and the landowners to develop Panguna"

I'm always excited by good motherhood statements and I think that's a worthy example. No mention of the pesky moratorium. As I have said (and sorry if I am boring people like Danehill with this), if RTG thinks they have it all in the bag (forget the ABG it's the landowners that ultimately hold the aces (which of course is what McGlinn's strategy seeks to bypass) then they will need to start talking to the other eight landowner groups associated with mine development (tailings disposal/storage, port-mine access, HV power access, port area etc).  At last count they all supported BCL, unless someone can tell us otherwise. RTG has been on the patch now since around Q3 2017 so drawing a bead on the other landowner groups...
    Can't help thinking that RTG would have been better off working with BCL at the outset instead of adopting divisive tactics.  Anyway for the cynical there is (sadly) a level of entertainment in all of this; you have to wonder though just how much longer it's all going to go on for. Still, almost 30 years now since the mine closed, the referendum has been postponed, the ABG rolls out the red carpet for a shonk like McGlinn, some of the local MPs have a meeting in a POM hotel with RTG after supposedly cancelling visas .. what is there to not find entertaining about all of this?

There was an excellent letter from (Bougainvillean) Professor Glen Mola in The National on February 27th, regarding Independence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RTG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.002(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $49.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.6¢ 4.4¢ $17.23K 380.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 248 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 468343 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RTG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.