AEV 0.00% 1.2¢ avenira limited

game on, would be acquiring

1. 8,407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 589
    imo, it's pretty much a done deal. thanks for the heads up rana. always count on the indian press.

http://www.business-standard.com/commodities/news/nmdc-to-buy-five-more-mines-abroad/451042/

NMDC to buy five more mines abroad
    Prashanth Chintala / Hyderabad Oct 01, 2011, 00:56

State-owned NMDC, which had recently struck a deal to acquire 50 per cent in Australia’s Legacy Iron Ore for about Rs 90 crore, is in the process of acquiring five more mines abroad.

Related Stories
    Global slowdown worries send Wall Street lower
    India, 25 countries oppose EU plan on emission trading
    ING Vysya Bank raises lending rates by 25 bps
    CAD rises to $14.1 bn in Q1 despite higher exports

Chairman and Managing Director Rana Som told Business Standard the largest iron ore miner in the country would be acquiring a coking coal mine each in the US and Russia, an iron ore mine in Brazil, another iron ore mine and a rock phosphate mine in Australia.

“Due diligence has almost been completed in three of these mines, while that for the balance two will be started shortly,” Som said.

This apart, NMDC had applied for a gold mine lease in Tanzania that has an estimated reserves of six tonnes of pure gold.

The company is also likely to sign an agreement for a strategic stake in a coking coal mine in Mozambique.

Stating NMDC was focused on low-cost acquisitions, Som said overseas foray was expected to cost no more than Rs 1,200 crore.

Talking about Legacy, NMDC’s first-ever foreign acquisition, Som said this would be used as a foothold in Australia not only to develop the mines under Legacy but also for acquiring other mines in the country. “Ultimately, Legacy will be our Australian arm,” he added.

Explaining that NMDC’s aim was to grow both vertically and horizontally, he said the company was setting up steel plants for vertical growth and acquiring mines for horizontal growth.

Dismissing reports that the mines ministry was opposed to NMDC making steel, Som said he was happy that work on three-million-tonne per year steel plant in Chhattisgarh was progressing according to the schedule and the unit would be commissioned by March 2014.

ORE PRICES TO GO UP FROM TOMORROW
    Som said the domestic price of iron ore was expected to go up in the coming quarter, starting from Saturday.

“There will be an increase in the pricing, mainly because there is a steep depreciation in the rupee value,” he said, adding there had also been some increase in the global prices of iron ore last quarter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $32.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ $19.95K 1.662M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 2450738 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 1000000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.