QMN 0.00% 16.8¢ queensland mining corporation limited

It wasn't just the GFC that ruined Copper Co - it was the heavy...

1. 199 Posts.
    It wasn't just the GFC that ruined Copper Co - it was the heavy rainfall at the time - they had a shocker in 2008 and even the administrators struggled to get value out of the sale of their mine with administrators being quoted

"The sale process had been made more difficult by "huge environmental damage" at the Lady Annie mine site following widespread flooding in northern Qld early this year."

http://www.industrysearch.com.au/News/Cape-Lambert-acquires-CopperCo-assets-for-105mln-38470

Another interesting point is that Copper Co.'s key asset was the Lady Annie Mine - it apparently had resources of 460,000t copper. Compared to QMN where we have currently 231,000t out at White Range we're looking at a smaller, less complicated and more importantly less risky option for investment.

Another interesting read is what has happened to the Lady Annie Mine post CopperCo.

http://resources.businesscatalyst.com/_blog/Resources_Roadhouse/post/On_the_Ground_%E2%80%93_Lady_Annie_copper_mine/

Owen Hegarty - the vice chairmen of CST Mining in Hong Kong said of Brian Rear:

"Brian Rear, Milan Jerkovic, Barry Deans, Brian Wyatt; The full team is as good as it gets on the whole planet ? there?s nothing that group doesn?t know about heap leach solvent extraction electrowinning (SX-EW)."

&

"[They have a] better track record than most people around the planet and was one of the reasons that I was very confident about getting involved in Lady Annie because I knew that with people like Barry Deans, Brian Wyatt and Brian Rear, the whole team, the technical work would have been very well done and the plant will work.?

This guy has a good reputation and the more I read the more confident I become that we'll see a turnaround in the share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.