ACO 0.00% $3.43 australian careers network limited

Hi Sach and Cabe I have many years professional experience in...

1. 2,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11920
    Hi Sach and Cabe

I have many years professional experience in the VET sector and basically I think you are both correct. The VET Fee Help system was very, very badly thought through by Government. In fact by consecutive Governments of both sides. It was very open to rooting, and the national VET regulator - ASQA - was never resourced to adequately police it.

But that doesn't excuse unscrupulous operators. For legal reasons I make no inference about any specific VET provider - but clearly some of them were run by unscrupulous people with no sense of ethics or honesty. The system was easy to rort - but that's no excuse for doing it.

The losers are the many vulnerable people tricked into signing up for a course they could never complete, and a debt they will never repay; the taxpayers - all of us - who ultimately foot the bill for the wasted billions; and the many innocent shareholders who bought into private VET providers in good faith, based on the intelligent and rational assumption that VET is a growth industry with great prospects.

I mean - really - it's a total f%#!k up

Best wishes and sympathy to all holders and students.

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.